Monday, September 19, 2011

Above all...


Kindness matters.

Focus on the Family's Thriving Family publication posted their family devotional on Facebook this morning. Here is an excerpt.

It's nice when we're noticed for doing good. But we shouldn't do good deeds simply because we want to be noticed by others. Jesus said, "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven" (Matthew 6:1). The reason why we do something (motivation) is just as important as what we do (good deed). True goodness is motivated by our love for God and our desire to please Him. Our love for Him is the best motivation for doing good because it brings God honor.

I am often skeptical of others intentions. I am not sure why, but I have a trust issue I guess. I am guilty of posting things on Facebook about what I have done for my kids or with my kids. Recently I posted on Facebook photos of owl cupcakes I made. Maybe you have seen them. I did that to show off. I was proud of myself. Is it possible that I did it also for the attention? The kudos and virtual pats on the back? Yes. I suppose its true.

I am going to challenge myself to post fewer pictures and comments about my super mom moments Facebook. I am going to try and do more super mom moments and not tell anyone about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment